Click on the image above to watch a video about our home school students.
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln Independent Study High School is proud to provide support to home school families.
With more than 80 years of experience, we understand the personal attention that students and parents appreciate when educating at home.
Through ISHS, students can take single courses as needed to supplement their at home curriculum or earn a full diploma from our accredited and internationally recognized high school. Our college preparatory curriculum helps students meet college entrance requirements, and it teaches them the skills needed to be successful during college.
When choosing to home school:
- Educate yourself on home school requirements or laws that may govern the area where you live
- Research curriculum options
- Consider your child's post-secondary plans and how home schooling can support those
- Discuss the pros and cons with your child as well as the expectations you will have
- Discuss co-curricular activities your child may want to participate in
With our online high school, you'll gain access to:
Resources for home school students: